Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Power of Feedback

When I embarked on  journey to pursue art, I didn't have a good idea of where it would take me.  The gifts and the happiness have been continuous.  It has been hard, and scary at times too.

This past Sunday I had a booth at Hawken House Christmas Market.  It was beautiful weather, great fellow vendors and a thick crowd all day.  I had many friendly faces pop in to say hello, and that is always lovely to have the support of friends.  A customer from the knit shop stopped by to see my work.  She was excited for the day and just giddy about what she had seen so far at the market. She expressed her excitement at having a new world to her after coming to the shop, learning to knit and getting to know the different regulars of shop life.  She went on to say how much she had learned from me as well and how she couldn't wait to learn more.  

Sometimes it is nice to be reminded that art has not just changed my world.  Art causes ripples and can change people around us and then go on through them.  I love that.  Our community is powerful and I'm glad to be reminded of its potential.

Booth Set Up 1

Book Set Up 2


Pictures of my booth November 10, 2013

2 comments:

  1. Ah, such modesty, my friend...about those indigo-dyed pieces in the second picture! When will the magazine in which they will be published be on the newsstands?? You deserve all of the good things that are coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karyl! It was great to see you this weekend! The magazine will be on newsstands December 1st.

      Delete