In one of my classes we had a rust workshop and I brought a sample of woven shibori in to rust over it. I'd like to explore rusting as well as other eco dyes more in the future.
In other news, I have a new studio assistant, Samurai.
My husband and I adopted a retired racing greyhound after much consideration. I have wanted a greyhound for years and we did a lot of research and planning to bring him in. It is good to have a multi dog household again. After my sweet Trinket died, I didn't know when I'd be ready. Sammy is everything I'd hope he'd be and more.
Things to know about greyhounds:
1. People mistake them for Great Danes
2. They stop traffic/conversations when on walks
3. They need a lot of snuggling or they wither like a houseplant without water
4 The other dog will find them defective with the lack playtime
5. You will never ever do anything by yourself again
6. They are funny, but don't always realize what they did
7. They have no idea how big they are and can be clumsy
8. When corrected they come to apologize profusely for their offenses
9. They would be happiest if you could wrap your body around them for maximum snuggle body contact.
10. You'll wonder how you ever lived without one.