Sunday, August 18, 2013

Seasons Change

I've been working on this project for a few months.  From the initial idea, sketches, winding out the yarn, dyeing the yarn and more sketching.  Now that the project is on the loom, I can put my hands on it and bring my ideas forward.  After it is woven, I'll use needle and thread to bring the cloth closer to the image I have in my mind's eye.  The piece has been named for months now.  It is Community.  I wanted to make a piece to express my gratification to the amazing group of people I find myself among.  Fiber people are an incredible tribe of artist.  This community has given so much to me as a student and as a newer face putting my work forward.  I hope that I can help contribute as much as I've been given.

 IMG_0108

I am bittersweet about the end of my summer. I loved the seemingly endless span of days and the feeling of possibilities   I had a lot of goals for myself this summer and I've met them.  I even added to them and those were accomplished as well.  I have another deadline for submitting work at the end of the month. I think the work for that will come together despite summer's end.  I just have to keep pushing myself.

School resumes for me this coming week and I'm ready.  I'm reaching towards something that I can't quite articulate yet.  It is exciting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment