Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring Fever

It is about 70 degrees today in St. Louis.  The sun is shining, the birds are singing and my neighbors are all out and about.  I'm in my studio with the window open and I'm working on an idea.

I have a quilt idea that has been given me fits for the past few weeks.  I have some of the cloth dyed and ready to go, but my original idea didn't work.  So I put it aside and chewed on it for a while.  I am hoping my new idea works, but if not I'll learn something and move on.

quiltweave

This lump of string is the beginnings of my idea.  I am warping up a loom today to make some woven shibori (tie dye) cloth for a quilt.  I use a lot of shibori cloth in my work.  I've wanted to try woven shibori and use handwoven fabric in quilts for a few months now.  I'll keep you posted.


Linking up once again with Off the Wall Friday

2 comments:

  1. WOW that is a lot of work in a quilt. I look forward to seeing where it goes.

    ReplyDelete