Friday, December 28, 2012

Commitment 2013

Back in 2011, I made a list of goals and commitments for the coming year.  I included things I wanted to learn or do.  I continued the tradition for 2012.

My 2012 commitments:

  • Knit a sweater (a re-list from last year).  Currently, I'm spinning my Allistar fleece for a sweater.
         Completed - in fact to date I have finished three sweaters and have two more in various             
          stages.

  • The year of hand dyed yarns - Expand my hand dyed yarns - play with color, weave with it, and who knows you might start seeing it in the shop
          Completed - and those yarns are in fact in the shop.  Here is a shawl (Summer Flies - free 
           pattern on Ravelry) out of my yarn.

butterflyshawl

I even learned to do a beaded picot bind off - it took forever but I love it.

Beadsshawl

  • Continue to embrace school
         Well, I'm still there.  After a few challenging semesters I am still engaging in the process.  
           I've learned a lot and not just about the subject matter.  Being a nontraditional student has 
           its challenges.  I'm extremely happy to have finally reached the textile portion of my 
           studies.

Commitments 2013
  • Submit work for a juried show
  • The year of weaving
  • Learn to make paper
  • Continue to learn and explore indigo dyeing
  • Pursue noncredit courses to strengthen drawing skills
  • Continue to explore quilting 
What will you make of 2013?

Have a very happy and safe New Year!




2 comments:

  1. Doesn't it make you feel great to have accomplished so many of your resolutions? I love that shawl and the color of it is scrumptious. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lina! Yes it does feel good to keep up on goals. I try to make realistic goals and then check my list periodically to check my progress. Happy New Year to you and your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete