Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November Already?

Things are chugging along and the school semester is quickly slipping out from under a lot of us.  I looked at a class calendar yesterday and realized we have TWO weeks until fall break.  Yikes!  That means an already busy time will be that much more crazy.  It has been a semester full of growing pains, then growth and I've finally pushed past into the fantastic sponge stage.  I'm learning so much, pushing so far and I can't wait to see where we go next.

My personal work has been neglected as often happens at this time of year.  Sometimes I'm making so much at school that I come home and can't think about making anything more.  Today has been different.  Today I felt the pull to sit down at a loom and bang out a project that has been languishing.  Later one of the wheels and I will take some turns.


Hand dyed/Handspun textured (art yarn) yarn with glass beads for weft and hand dyed yarn for weft.  Open weave to show off the texture of the weft yarn.  


2 comments:

  1. You should jump in on Weave Something In November...in your spare time :-D.

    http://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/2012/11/almost-day-lateas-usual.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great idea! I hesitated before due to time, but I just rememberered that a friend gave me several Weave It looms. Super portable.

    ReplyDelete