Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sheep to Shawl

I finally blocked and photographed my Mystery shawl that knit out of Somemore's pound of fleece.

Somemore of Gleason's Fine Woolies in Colorado
This shawl was spun out of the pound of fleece that I purchased for the Ravelry GFW board challenge.  I still have six hundred yards of yarn remaining to knit something spectacular!


Pattern: Wendy Johnson's Summer Solstice Mystery Shawl KAL 2012 

I added four repeats length wise and an extra repeat where the pattern suggested it.  It was a fun knit, though I would have made different choices along the way knowing what I know now.  I'm not wild about the shape.  It is almost poncho like in circularness (is that a word?).  I wish it were more rectangular for more wearing possibilities.  Still, it is warm, lacy and with beads.

3 comments: