Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bravery

There once was a time when a dropped stitch resulted in panic, stress and angst.  I didn't know how to catch it and how to fix it.  The longer I've been knitting the better I have gotten (surprise, right?).  I remember the first time I fixed someone else's mistake - I felt proud of myself and happy I could help someone else along.

The other day a friend and I were happily knitting away when I discovered that I got a little over enthusiastic with my knitting.  I had knit the sleeve of my Cassidy a little too long.  I set that one aside and worked on the second sleeve.  I knew I would have to either tink the other back or rip it back.

Today I pulled the needles out and ripped back.  Then I picked up the stitches and made sure my measurement was correct.  And it hit me.  This isn't the first time I've pulled my needle out of a lot of live stitches, ripped back and then reinserted my needle.  I don't remember when I started this, but I do know that somewhere I turned a corner.

Pardon the phone photo

In case you are wondering, I do not pull needles out of lace to rip back.  That would be crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment