Friday, April 6, 2012

So Much to Share!

In crunch mode at school;  four weeks left and a lot to do.  I've made a plan to keep my stress levels reasonable and I'm looking forward to plowing through some work.  Camp KIP is fifteen days away and I'm looking forward to meeting new folks.   

The Art of School

More to share, fresh from the kiln.  It is fun to unload the kiln and see what everyone has been doing. I was very pleased with the way these pieces came out.  Experimenting with glazes as what you see in the pot isn't what you'll get in the end.  I've been taking notes in my sketch book about what glazes I use and I'm so glad I did.  After seeing the finished pieces, I make notes like - DON'T do this one again or YES!  Do this again.  

Flat rim bowl

Split rim bowl, made with the assistance of my instructor, Ruth Ann Reece

Small cup - I love the color on this one!

Spreading the Word

I made a trade with Laura of my knit night group - fiber for two of her spindles.  She brought them to me last night and I'm thrilled.  I've tested them both out and love them.  Laura is a very talented designer.  She knits, spins and taught herself tatting. I keep thinking I need to have her teach me how to make her lovely lace.  She has her own website www.cybermenology.com and I think you should give her a look.  Now to get her to open an Etsy shop with her patterns, spindles and finished items.




 On the Needles - Update

I promised an update for my Schoodic Cardigan.  I'm making great progress.  Still miles of decreases to do for the raglan, but I'm half way through them.  Then it will be shoulders and neck shaping.


Shop Update

I finally unpacked from the craft market a few weeks ago.  I listed a few things on my Etsy shop today.

Hand knotted carnelian necklace - I LOVE this stone and the colors that it comes in.

Orchid Spinning Fiber - yummy!

Gradient spinning fiber




This weekend is a spinning (and paper writing) weekend.  Today I think I'll spin this bit of lovely up.  Perhaps it will appear in the next shop update.  Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment