Wednesday, April 25, 2012

After Camp

I'm back form camp and in re-entry recovery mode.  I had so much fun, had a great break and met so many wonderful people.  I didn't sleep a lot and I'm still catching up.  I did laugh a lot.

Desserts were wonderful.  Brownie with ice cream - yes please!

I took walks each day.  This is the view of the lake.  On my first walk, I heard a scream and figured out it was a deer.  It wasn't a friendly scream and I decided to pick up my pace a bit.  I heard it again and doubled my pace over a wooden foot bridge.  The deer was probably laughing and high fiving the others. Another camper forced to flee!  I remember the tales of deer attacking people and worried no one knew me well enough to come looking for me.



I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't take that many photos.  I was full out enjoying myself and lifting a camera fell from my mind.  I had to snap this one of the flowers in the dining area.  I love columbine and they were blooming all over the property.

I didn't knit a whole lot at camp, but I did do spinning.  One of the campers was very generous and brought her drum carder and a mountain of fiber.  I made a batt, lusted after her drum carder and spun this yarn.  It is a crazy blend of bamboo, wool and who knows what else.  I have about 115 yards of fingering camp memories here.

Monday was vendor day and I fell down a bit.  I bough some cashmere top.  Yep I said cashmere.  I wanted to put it on the bed and roll around on it.  It is lovely stuff.


Right after getting back home I cast on for a Daybreak shawl.  Daybreak was a knit along last year and many of this year's campers were wearing them.  I won the green yarn in a door prize raffle (from Fleur de Fiber) and purchased the plum colored yarn (Sun Valley Fibers)  to go with it.  I'm really enjoying working with the yarns.


I managed to squeeze a shop update in today as well.  Here are a few goodies that were listed today.  I hope to get back into the dye kitchen next week.  School is wrapping up and my time will become a little more flexible at least until summer session kicks in.






3 comments:

  1. That purple fiber is luscious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. And it has 10% cashmere which makes it that much more luscious!

      Delete
  2. Mmm, those purple locks! Wensleydale?

    Glad that you had a wonderful time at Camp!

    ReplyDelete