Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend Update

I hope you had a great weekend!  We had a busy weekend around here.  Saturday was our "Crafting for a Better World" artists' market.  It was a great show!  Extremely well organized, comfortable and we had great folks visiting with us.  The room was breath taking - windows were on each wall, giving the room beautiful light and an open feel.  One of the other artist and I were ready to plan ourselves there permanently.  It would be a lovely studio space.

I brought my Ladybug spinning wheel and had many people ask about spinning.  A lot of children were very interested and many stopped to help me.  One little girl's face changed into delight when I put my silk top into her hands.  This little person loved silk.  Don't we all?


Camp KIP

Camp KIP is fast approaching.  I am donating some spinning fiber, stitch markers and hand dyed sock yarn for door prizes.   I wanted to donate items that were from or inspired by our lovely state.   The spinning fiber is Sheltand roving from Missouri sheep.  For the sock yarn, I was inspired by the Missouri state bird, the Eastern Bluebird.  It is bight, bold and saturated.  I hope the person who wins them likes the bit of Missouri they take home with them.


Spinning Around

I've been doing a lot of spinning lately.  I have three fibers on three different wheels.  The plan is to ply all three together for a yoke of a sweater.  We will see how it works out.  The CPW and Dutch wheel have a wool blend that I dyed up.  The colors are muted, but there are a lot of hues in play.  The Ladybug has some lovely semi-solid blue Tussah silk on it.  

On the Needles - Update

I'm still knitting away on my Schoodic Cardigan.  I've set the body aside and I'm working on sleeve #1.  I've made lots of progress and I'm still enjoying the work.  I'm just past the elbow, so the end is in sight.
Sleeve number one

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete