Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Way to a Girl's Heart

Mister and I went to school to pick up some of my sculptures to work on over break.  On the way back we stopped at one of my favorite places in the world.  THE FARM STORE.  For the city folk not in the know, the farm store is a magical place.  A place full of wonder.  You can get horseshoes, stock tanks, boots, clothes, seeds, hardware stuff, tools, machinery, stock fencing, pet supplies, horse supplies, sheep supplies and on and on.  The way to this girl's heart is not the fancy pants restaurant date.  Nope its a visit to the farm store.   and I'm happy and content.  Just ask Mister.

I needed some large syringes (livestock department) for painting and things to refinish my CPW wheel (hardware department).  So we stopped and at the front door I heard a mystical magical sound.  Peeping.  Yep, loud insistent peeping.  I made a beeline towards the sound and was greeted with such cuteness and fluffy wonder!  Yep, its chick season.  I really really wish we could have our chickens now, but alas our community doesn't allow backyard hens.  Still I watched, laughed and marveled at the fluffy cotton balls on long legs.    


Speaking of CPW,  look who has been spinning!  It was too cold the other day for me to work on refinishing.  Instead I strung her up and went for a test drive.  I'm delighted.


Craft Fair News

I will have a booth at "Crafting a Better World."  This is a unique marketplace of quality, handcrafted items by area artists and artisans, will be held at the First Unitarian Church of St. Louis on Saturday, March 24th, from 9am-4pm.

Admission is $5, a portion of which benefits Operation Food Search.  Donate non-perishable food items to be entered in a drawing for a special door prize.  First Unitarian is located in the CWE at the corner of Kingshighway and Waterman Boulevards.  For more information, go to www.firstuustlouis.org 
or call (314) 361-0595.

No comments:

Post a Comment