Friday, March 30, 2012

Projects on the Go

Aaaachooo!  That is the most common noise that I hear lately.  Allergy season has descended on us with mighty force.  At knit night, there were many stories of cars being coated with a powdery film of green pollen.  I love spring, but sometimes it just makes me sneeze.

The Art of School

We unloaded the kiln the other day and amongst all the chaos of people and clay I managed to bring a few pieces home to photograph.



Ceramics is quite a head game.  There are so many things to master.  The only way to get good is to make a lot of things.  Once you make a lot of things, then you get to experience another aspect to master - glaze.  Glazing is even more of head game.  The color you see in the glaze bucket isn't what you will get in the end.  Red can be a deep brown.  Deep green can be a light powder blue.  I'm a long way from mastery, but I'm enjoying the learning process.

On the Needles

I've made a lot of progress on my Schoodic Cardigan.


I am nearly ready to join the sleeves to the body and begin my knit to the neck.  Thank goodness the weekend is here, so I'll have some time to knit!

Shop News

I still haven't unpacked form last Saturday's show.  It has been one of those weeks.  When I do, I'll have some fiber and jewelry to photograph for the shop.


Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment