Saturday, February 11, 2012

Gratitude

This posting is a bit tardy, but I hope you'll forgive me.  It is about being thankful and I'm having an abundance to be thankful for.  Yes, I know it isn't November, but I don't really need to wait for an assigned day.

I just need to say thanks.  First, thanks for reading this and for posting your comments and sending your private notes (thecloistered lamb at gmail.com).  It is great to get feedback and to see what's on your mind.

Next I'm thankful for art school.  This is a constant source of wonder, surprise, struggle, inspiration and contentment.  Many times I have holy crap moments, when I realize that I get to sit and talk to artist all day and make art.  I'm humbled by the opportunity to do so.


I'm thankful for color.  The other day I was mixing color for an art project, my teacher came over to say that I got the perfect match for the color.  It was wonderful to get that feedback.  I love color.  I love the way that I can tweak or even just experiment.  Color is fantastic.



Here is a sample of what I've been up to this past week.  On the right two braids of fiber and silk hankie for the shop.  They will probably be listed this coming week.  The braid on the left is currently being spun on the Dutch wheel.  I thought it might be interesting to put the wheel next to Julia, the CPW.  Amazing size comparison!


Finally, I'm thankful for my family and friends.  I have amazing supportive flock of people around me.  I constantly learn from them, laugh with them and hold them close.  

I hope you are all having a fantastic weekend!





1 comment:

  1. Hah! We are thankful for you! Now, go spin, dye, knit, paint, photograph AND laugh!

    ReplyDelete