Tuesday, January 17, 2012

When All I Want To Do Is Knit

Saturday was a big day.  I finally pinned myself down to begin to knit a sweater.  I've had the pattern since August and I have been flirting with it long before then.  I took myself up to my favorite LYS (Local Yarn Shop), Hearthstone Knits, got measured and set to pick a yarn.  My yarns is on order, so there is no instant gratification, but I can wait.  Of course, I don't really want to knit a whole lot else right now - I'm saving my knitting mojo for my sweater.

The sweater I'm knitting is the Cassidy, a lovely cabled cardigan, by Chic Knits.


The yarn that I picked is by Cascade Yarns, Lana D'Oro, colorway 1064.  It is a 50/50 blend of alpaca and wool and it is yummy.


I have been knitting for a little over a year now, and why haven't I knit a sweater until now?  Shawls, socks and hats have been hoarding my attention.  I am still spinning my Allistar fleece for a sweater, but I wanted to knit one now.

Big thanks to Hearthstone Knits for helping begin my sweater story!

1 comment: