Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Life in Pink

Happy almost the end of the week!  I don't know about you, but I'm feeling very tried after being on break last week.  That first week of re-entry is always a killer.

On the Needles

Pattern: Gretel by Ysolda Teague
Tuesday I sat during my lunch break knitting away on a hat and I noticed an interesting phenomena.  People were looking at me and smiling gently.  Do you think it is the green?  This is my own hand-painted worsted weight and I couldn't be happier with it.

The trail of smiling people continued until one person was brave enough to approach me to ask me about my knitting.  She loved the color and just had to know what I was knitting.

Knitting can be quite the community moral booster.


Also on the needles is a shawl out of sock yarn.  This is my hand-painted yarn that I showed you the other day.  So far I'm just knitting and improvised design, but I'm getting to the point where I either need to sit down with some math and graph paper or do something simple. I love the way the color is playing out.



On my Mind


A while ago, Mister and I went to see Elise Parker and the Poor People of Paris.  Elise is an amazing artist. Her vocals (in French) are evocative. She plays the flute, clarinet and saxophone.  She probably does more than that, but that is just what I've seen.  We are lucky that she is local, but for those not she has CDs available.  The other day in my drawing class, I heard the familiar sounds of "La vie en rose."  Sure enough my drawing instructor had picked up the CD and I was enjoying Elise once more.  I love this song, but it is a bittersweet song.  My father frequently listened to Edith Piaf and other French singers and this song was his favorite.   Ever since drawing class yesterday, I haven't been able to get it out of my head.



Event News Reminder

This Sunday, December 4th, I'll be participating in the The Advent Fair 9:30 until 1:00 pm at the Evangelical United Church of Christ, 204 East Lockwood Avenue Webster Groves, Missouri 63119.  



Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I got my goodies today <3

    Wow!

    Check your flagged email for one from emarci!

    THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete