Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Fall to Dye For

Short post today - I've survived one test, but now I'm looking at the next one. Hope everyone is having a great week!


From the Dye Pot

Our friends the trees have put on their fancy colors for fall,



and inspired my dye palette....

My apologies for the bad title pun.

Then I started to dye some green bit of wool on a study break. No specific thing in mind for this yet, just experimenting with color.

I have some plans with dyeing - getting ideas and inspiration all over. Stay tuned to see what comes of it. I'm finding myself drawn to the kitchen and thinking about color continually.

Spinning News

I finished my raspberry yarn for my raspberry beret holiday knitting! I'm really pleased with the yarn - approx 270 yards of worsted weigh three-ply yarn.



I'll leave you with this little gem of a movie.  Have a great weekend!


I heard about this video on the Electric Sheep Podcast. If you don't know about this audio gem from London podcaster, Hoxton Handmade, run don't walk! You can also find her on Itunes.


Sheeped Away from Junaid Chundrigar on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Love the fall colored fabric! Always a big fan of fall colors.

    Also, since it has been really cold here, I've been wearing the hat you made me a lot recently. It always reminds me of you. :)

    ReplyDelete