Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Four Legged Gifts

So today is my birthday.  Yippee!  I remember as a child, I would look forward to my birthday for months.  Now, I often forget how old I am.  No really.  I often have to ask Mister.

When I was growing up, the tradition was to have an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins.  It was the same each year - mint chocolate chip ice cream, chocolate cake, that lovely fudge icing and horses on top.  I was horse crazy as a girl and I never grew out of it.

Fourth birthday
When Mister and I were brand new, he asked me what I wanted as a gift.  I told him a pony.  Under the Christmas tree that year, I got a pony.  Each leg was individually wrapped with lots of tape.  My little plastic pony took me a long time to unwrap.  For our first wedding anniversary, I received two paper origami ponies.  Mister is a creative gifter to be sure.

My herd from Mister
This past weekend we were at a fair and got to visit with an alpaca and her cria (baby).  I told Mister that this year, I wanted an alpaca for my birthday.  I wonder if he'll find a plastic one or learn to fold one.  The challenge is on.


No comments:

Post a Comment