Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Too Many Choices

Where did the time go?  This seems to be a common refrain that I keep hearing of late.  Fall is here and there is a chill in the air.  I love this time of year (and not just because I'm an October baby).  I love seeing the trees pull out their colorful clothes, the harvest festivals, and sweater and light coat weather.


On/Off the Needles

I have a finished project to share with you today.  I finally finished my Live Oak Shawlette.  It was knit with Dream in Color Baby yarn in the Cloud Jungle colorway.  I used a size 4 needle and my only modification was to repeat Chart A once.  I think it is pretty spectacular, if I do say so myself.


Now that I finished my one project, I'm having a little post project discernment problem.  I cast on for my Daybreak shawl with handspun and Wollmeise, but it just doesn't click for me.  I don't think the colors are right (for me).  I think the blue handspun will end up in my Etsy shop.  So what do I use?


Perhaps these two together? 


I'll probably just cast on for a cowl while I hem and haw about colors for the graphic Daybreak.  Sometime picking all the elements are just too much.  Now which cowl and what color?

Festival/Event News

I was invited to participate in my first craft show.  The fair isn't until December fourth, and I'll provide more details when I have them.


The Art of School


I have some pictures to share from photography class from the Farm Day way back in August.  These are scans from my contact sheet and are not refined in the darkroom.  A contact sheet is just a proof made from exposing photo paper to light with the negative on top.  Making a proper print involves using an enlarger, filters, paper and developing chemistry.  Still these contact sheet scans provide a good look at what the photos could look like.  While they aren't suitable for class, I find them interesting in the subject matter.






Later this week, I'll have some spinning and weaving updates. Have a great week everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there -

    Thanks for the comment on homesteadgeek.com! I love your blog here, and am coveting your yarn. :)

    Having just spent about 4 hours trying to teach myself how to crochet, though, I am despairing. I have an old injury on my left hand that severely impairs my dexterity and frustrates the pants right off me. Alas, fiber arts may just not be in my future. :(

    I'm looking forward to going through more of your posts, and that shawl is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin,

    Thanks for the comments! I love your blog and have for a while now. There are several tutorials on Youtube that helped me to relearn.

    My first piece back in the saddle was a disaster with several words being said. After that, it came back to me. I'm finding now that when I crochet, I can't do it for long as it irritates my carpal tunnel.

    Let me know if I can point some tutorials your way.

    ReplyDelete