Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hot Spinning

I don't know about you, but here in the middle country, we are baking.  Heat index up to 118 and more.  Ugh.  It is hard to believe we live in a place that will one day required woolen things to wear.

Tour de Fleece Update 

Here is my finished Merino/Border Leicester yarn.  I'm really quite proud of it.  I have two skeins measuring 488 yards and 400 yards.  I plan to use one for a knit shawl and the other to weave a wrap.

My other tour projects are a lovely eye candy spin from Dyeabolical in Davy Jones Locker colorway.  I'm so smitten with this color.  

The last project is a mystery wool turquoise that I'm spinning for lace weight.  Hopefully it will be a lace weight.  During the process sometimes surprises occur.  As long as it doesn't fluff out with washing, I should have something lovely.



Finished

Finally finished my June/July socks.  Super easy pattern called Jeck (slipped stitch) that I adapted to use with the Yarn Harlot's basic sock recipe.  I love the yarn too.  Playful, don't you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment