Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Merry Knitting!

Happy Christmas and a few more day after.  I've slid into a holiday slump.  Yesterday it felt like my head was still full of wine.  I swear I only had half a glass for Christmas dinner.  I did manage to cast on and begin my first project post Wollmeise shawl.  I'm knitting a Claudia hat for myself.  I'm making mine out of My Family yarn which I've had in my stash for a time.  Casted on 108 stitches and using size 8 needles (pattern calls for smaller needles).    I've also casted on for the One Row Lace Scarf for my niece in beautiful Mini Mochi left over from a crochet project.  It is such a simple pleasant knit.  I'll save the bulk of it for an upcoming car and conference trip.

I've been trying to be very conscious about my knitting.  Use only yarn from my stash and put off projects that call for needles I don't have.  Since we are living on poor grad student and in between job money we are being extra careful with finances.  Plus soon we are taking a road trip so I'm scrimping everything to save for some souvenir yarn.  I love going places and picking up yarn were I go.  I'm planning on solving my needle lackage once and perhaps not for all by picking up Addi's Lace Click needle set in the coming months as well.

Sheri from the Loopy Ewe has announced the First Quarter Challenge of 2011.  The challenge is to push yourself and work a project with cables from yarn available at the Loopy Ewe.  I have two such yarns in my stash - Dream in Color Baby in Cloud Jungle and Cascade Heritage Sock yarn in spruce.  So far I have a few patterns in mind - gloves, scarf or fingerless mitts.  Decisions Decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment