Tuesday, November 9, 2010

On the needles...

So the Butterfly and I have a trial separation.  I made a few minor/major errors - thank goodness for lifelines.  I have some holiday presents that I really need to get to - a scarf and a hat for friends.  So I've put Butterfly into stasis for the time being.  I have some decisions to make regarding this shawl.  I'm afraid if I follow the shawlette instructions my shawl will be too small.  But.  I don't want to run out of yarn.  So far I have two repeats of the butterfly row and I'm planning on doing one - perhaps two more before working into chart c and d to finish it out.  So I'm thinking I'll be bold - solider on ahead securing a lifeline in case I need to rip back and reknit with out a repeat or two of the butterfly rows.  We'll see.  The picture is how she looked when we last knitted together.


On the needles now is a gorgeous scarf - Winter Flame it is a free pattern from Knit Picks.  I'm using Malabrigo Yarn Sock in Boticelli Red.  This is the first time I've used this yarn.  I adore it.  Soft, deep color and great stitch definition.


This is the first of my holiday knitting.  It doesn't look like much right now, but wait for the finishing and blocking.  This scarf is just stunning.




This past Saturday a LYS (local yarn shop) had it's annual sale.  I'm on a yarn diet, but I did pick up two skeins of a basic yarn for some other projects and a pair of Puppy Snips.  What are Puppy Snips?  Why, they are the most adorably perfect pair of scissors!  Small - they fit in my large compartment of my knitting accessories box.  The puppy head fits over the snips and keep them safe and sound.  What a good idea!


Well - back to knitting!

















No comments:

Post a Comment