Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A sign that all will be alright

So I've been inactive for a few months.  Right around my last blog entry life got interesting.  Yes, the type of interesting that is italicized.  I don't want to directly write about it specifically.  Suffice it to say that it has caused some uproar, changes and a period of time needed to adjust to it.  In the end, I'm left with good stories to share, a lot of lessons learned and I'm okay.

With the stress of the last month, I've been crocheting more.  Crochet helps me manage my stress levels and I've hit the yarn in a big way.  I finally attacked a much coveted project - the Infinity Wrap.  I don't know why I thought it would be such a big scary project.  It wasn't too bad.  I had to learn a few new skills, and let go of my obsession with adhering to the pattern directions.  I don't know why I fixated on the directions.  I usually have no problem going off script.  Once I did things were fine.

The result:



Right now I'm sitting in a coffee shop with Mister.  I'm taking a break from working on my very first sweater to write this.  In the corner, five women are knitting and talking.  I've had the urge to learn to knit again - been thinking about it for weeks.  I decided that I'm going to go for it.  Perhaps take a class or individual lessons.  Somehow having women near knitting or crocheting makes me feel that everything will be okay.  Yarn over ladies (crochet/knitting term - not to be confused with game over).

1 comment:

  1. I miss going to coffee shops with you guys. :-/

    ReplyDelete