Sunday, April 11, 2010

What I've been doing....

Cooking

Crostini, green leaf lettuce, watercress (farmers' market find), spicy chicken sausage, roast chicken (from the night before), walnuts, goat cheese and homemade vinaigrette. 










Iced tea - mmmm.
Garden Days

Strawberries in bloom...soon.







Seedlings have been moved to the outdoor greenhouse. 











I've taken a baby step today with the garden.  I put up the new and hopefully dog proof fence to block off a larger area for pots and garden bed.  Potatoes - two kinds were planted today.  My shipment of La Ratte potatoes should arrive this week.  Still to plant: carrots and corn.  We've had such warm weather that I'm tempted to out of the greenhouse, but I hesitate.  We'll see.  Last frost date is next week so maybe.


Crocheting

Started this shawl using the local yarn that I bought in Sedona.  I went to Sedona's Knit Wits to find Sedona color yarn and found this beautiful soy silk.  So much fun to work with.  I'm trying to pour all my recent and past thoughts and mourning for my parents into it.

Going to Sedona was going home.  It was far more joyous and sad than I would have ever guessed.  So a shawl will be the result of my trip and a good remembrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment