Saturday, March 6, 2010

Finished Eating

It took me a few days to get into the single grove with Mister away on business.  When I finally got my grove on - I got it on.

 
Hat for my niece started and complete WMWA (While Mister Was Away)

 
French toast - for dinner!  I had a few slices of homemade apple pie bread a few eggs from the farmers' market left....hmmm.  It was so yummy - I made two small slices for dinner with honey and one for breakfast in the morning.  I didn't think french toast was filling, but it was!  One of the best things we ever purchased was the breadmaker.  It is so easy and the house smells so good. 

 
Claypot chicken curry stew - carrots, peas, rice, chicken, cauliflower, potatoes and onions.
If you have never cooked anything in a claypot I urge you to go out NOW and get one.  This is the only way that I do stews, roast chicken, pot roasts, etc.  The meat comes out so moist and tender.  The claypot just needs to be soaked in water for 15-20 minutes.  Then throw everything in and put into a cold oven at high heat.  This stew was cooked at 450 degrees and took about an hour. 

2 comments:

  1. That stew looks AMAZING! Also- cute hat and apple pie bread sounds delicious! I have a bread maker but haven't done anything with it yet. Maybe I'll break it out over spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stew was great! I really enjoy our bread maker. It caused a bit of rearranging in the kitchen to find a proper place to leave it out. Really worth it. I do most of our week bread baking on Sunday afternoon. Sometimes I slip in a sweet bread too.

    ReplyDelete